Investor Visas

Five Stars on Immigration Lawyers
Peer Rated for Excellent on Preeminent AZ Immigration Attorneys
Top Rated Immigration Lawyers on AVVO

Contact Us

    Best way to reply:

    We help foreign business owners and entrepreneurs to find and obtain the most appropriate visa for their situation. The United States has a number of visa programs that are specifically designed to enable foreign investors to obtain legal status in the United States. Depending on the nature of your business and the size of your investment, you may qualify for one of these visa programs. Even for investor or entrepreneurs who don’t qualify for any of these programs, there may be other options that allow you to come to the United States to pursue your business goals.

    Arizona Business Immigration Lawyers

    The EB-5 program is intended for immigrant investors. This is one key difference between the EB-5 and the E-2 visa program: the EB-5 visa program results in permanent residency (a “green card”) and a pathway to U.S. citizenship.

    To be eligible for the EB-5 program, an investor must invest at least $1 million (or $500,000 in some cases, if the investment is made in a qualified rural area or area with high unemployment rate, commonly referred to as a Targeted Employment Area) and must create at least 10 new jobs.

    The EB-5 program has quickly become very popular with wealthy individuals from around the world. A total of 10,000 EB-5 visas are available each year, and no more than 7% of those visas can be allocated to foreign nationals from any particular country. To maximize the likelihood that your visa is approved, you should consult with a qualified immigration attorney in the earliest stages of your business planning.


    Read Reviews & Ratings of Our AZ Immigration Lawyers

    Adam Gunderson was very open, professional and friendly. I enjoyed how prompt he was with his email replies to my questions. I will not hesitate to work with him again, once the need arises.

    Elliott A. – Tempe, AZ


    Very Happy with the level of service received. Adam and the whole staff we polite, professional and knowledgeable I highly recommend.

    Clayton C. – Mesa, AZ


    They are always there when you need an advice. Thanks to Debbi and Adam. Great service!

    Marivic V. – Tempe, AZ


    E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

    The E-2 visa program is another popular visa program for those foreign nationals seeking to invest in the United States. Unlike the EB-5 program, however, the E-2 is a non-immigrant visa. This visa only provides for temporary legal status. Once the investor ceases to qualify for E-2 status, he or she must either leave the United States or seek another status or visa category.

    Another key difference between the E-2 visa and the EB-5 visa is that the E-2 visa is only available to individuals from countries with which the United States has entered into a qualifying treaty. (The U.S. Department of State maintains a current list of all these treaty countries.)

    If your home country has a qualifying treaty with the United States, you may be eligible for an E-2 investor visa if you make a “substantial” investment in an active commercial enterprise. The law does not specify the required investment amount, but the investor must demonstrate enough evidence to show that the invested amount is “substantial” for that particular type of business. As a rule of thumb, most E-2 investors should plan on investing $100,000 or more.

    E-1 Treaty Trader Visa

    The E-1 visa program is very similar to the E-2 treaty investor program. Investors from countries with a qualifying E-1 treaty can obtain an E-1 Treaty Trader Visa if their business engages in “substantial” trade between the United States and the treaty country.

    Many countries have established treaties both E-1 and E-2 treaties with the United States. However, this is not always the case. Before applying for either the E-1 or E-2 visa, it is important to verify that the appropriate treaty exists between the United States and the investor’s home country.

    What if I Don’t Qualify for Any of these Programs?

    For the entrepreneurially-minded business person or investor that doesn’t easily fit into one of these categories, there may be other options as well. U.S. immigration law provides a number of potential options, including both family and employment-based visa programs. For example, managers and executives who work in a foreign office may be able to transfer to an established or newly created U.S. location within the organization through an L-1 transferee visa. Individuals who have established an international reputation as having extraordinary ability in their field may be able to qualify for an O visa. Other visa programs may also apply to your specific situation.

    If you have questions about either of the investor visa programs or other ways that you may be able to establish your business in the United States, please contact the immigration and business planning attorneys at the Gunderson Law Group, P.C. We assist foreign nationals, business owners, and families with their immigration and business planning needs in Tempe, Phoenix, Chandler, Mesa, Scottsdale, Gilbert and throughout Arizona the world.

    Contact Us Today To Speak With An Experienced Investor Visas Attorney

    Related Immigration Posts By Gunderson Law Group

    Limited Impact Of Estrangement On Estate Planning

    September 5th, 2023|Comments Off on Limited Impact Of Estrangement On Estate Planning

    Limited Impact Of Estrangement On Estate Planning Balancing Legal Rights & Personal Choices In Estranged Family Estates Unfortunately, rifts sometimes arise between family members that are much more serious than just temporary squabbles. The [...]

    How Business Executives Can Set & Meet Their Estate Planning Goals

    September 5th, 2023|Comments Off on How Business Executives Can Set & Meet Their Estate Planning Goals

    How Business Executives Can Set & Meet Their Estate Planning Goals The Essential Estate Planning Strategies For Business Executives As a business executive, you are used to strategizing and creating goals as part of [...]

    Could a Testamentary Trust Be What Your Loved Ones Need?

    August 1st, 2023|Comments Off on Could a Testamentary Trust Be What Your Loved Ones Need?

    Could a Testamentary Trust Be What Your Loved Ones Need? Revocable Living Trust vs. Testamentary Trust: An Overview One of the main reasons that a person creates a revocable living trust (a trust established [...]

    Bills, Services to Cancel & Keep When a Loved One Dies 

    August 1st, 2023|Comments Off on Bills, Services to Cancel & Keep When a Loved One Dies 

    Bills, Services to Cancel & Keep When a Loved One Dies  Navigating Financial Responsibilities After a Loss A loved one’s passing is challenging on many different levels. In addition to the emotional difficulty of [...]

    Why You Want to Avoid Intestacy

    August 1st, 2023|Comments Off on Why You Want to Avoid Intestacy

    Why You Want to Avoid Intestacy What Happens When You Die Without a Will? About two out of three Americans will die without a will. This is known as dying intestate.  While the reasons [...]

    Gunderson Law Group, P.C. company logo

    Contact Us

    Schedule Your Immigration Legal Case Consultation

    Fill out the form below or give us a call to begin the process of changing your immigration status and pursuing your ultimate goals.

      1400 E. Southern Ave. Suite 850
      Tempe, AZ 85282

      DISCLAIMER: Do not send any confidential or sensitive information without first speaking to one of our attorneys and receiving confirmation that the appropriate conflict checks have been cleared and the firm determines that it is otherwise able to accept the engagement. Any information or documents sent prior to receiving such confirmation cannot be treated as confidences, secrets, or protected information. Submitting information through this website does NOT automatically create an attorney-client relationship.